Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Creative ways with dates (Write it on Wednesday)


Some of the most basic questions to answer on your layouts are:

Who is in the picture?

Where was it taken? and

When was it taken?

Dates usually have great significance for scrapbookers. Even if you don’t scrap chronologically, it’s nice to record when a photo was taken. I often look at photos of my two when they were tiny and think – they’re around 2 and 5 or maybe it’s 3 and 6 even 4 and 7 – believe you me, I didn’t think I would forget so fast!

Here are some ways to put the date on your LOs.

1. I saw a lovely way of putting the date on a mini-album – of course I can’t find it now I want to link to it to show you! – it was a photograph of fours stones artfully arranged with the figures making up the year 2 0 0 6 painted on them (or maybe it was rubons).

2. I did something similar by writing the date in the sand

3. Velvet stickers

4. Numbers from your favourite alphabet range

5. Chipboard numbers – painted and/or glittered

6. Hand cut or Robo cut in any colour or font that you can imagine!

7. Dymo

8. Handwritten

9. Date stamp (the kind you get in stationery stores for offices)

10. Rubons

11. Paint / foam stamps

12. Small alpha/numeric stamp sets

13. Printed on the computer as part of the journalling

14. Postcard or letter frank with the date on - or some other souvenir that dates the photos clearly, like a major event (see Tall Ships Race, below)

15. Be creative with the title so that it references the date or time of year ... here’s my example:

No comments: