Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Write it on Wednesday: Adapting layout designs for journalling

How fabulous are these layouts?
Luzinha
Most inspiring! Love 'em.

I'm not sure why I am so attracted to LOs that have just one picture and little or no journalling, when what I want to do is try to scrap more multi-photo pics and tell stories. I ask myself how do I follow inspiration like this and still remain true to the journalling imperative. What if the LO you want to scraplift, or the sketch you want to follow doesn't have journalling on it?

Here are some ideas for adapting LOs or sketches:

1. Hidden journalling: a tag slipped behind a large photo
2. Hidden journalling: the main pic is hinged and lifts like a flap for journalling underneath
3. Hidden extra photos: as above - but put extra photos as well as journalling
4. Minibook: use a minibook with a big photo on the front instead of a single pic
5. Journal on the back of the LO!
6. Journal around the picture or around the edge of the LO (creating journalling that forms part of the design is a whole other story - but look back at Luzinha's Relax for a brilliant example)
7. Replace one of the embellishments with a journalling block
8. Journal on a small piece of paper or cardstock folded concertina-wise and tucked under an embellishment

Today's journalling prompt:

I love this photo because...

No comments: