Sunday, August 12, 2007

Splash - Hidden Journalling


Here's an example of hidden journalling. The photos of me aren't very good (tempting to say not good or important enough to scrap), but when I started thinking about journalling about myself, my likes and dislikes, I realised these pictures express something important - I love water - the sea in particular (which for someone living in the middle of England, too far from the sea for a day out, is a bit sad...).

My UKS teamie Nicki challenged us on the Chatterbox Chicks blog to "scrap a beach photo or photos with non traditional papers".

As I've been working on a series of posts about hidden journalling, I thought I would include it on the layout as an embellishment, so I created a little folded card tied with ribbon and finished with pretty flowers.

The journalling reads: I love the sea! I adore swimming or even paddling. This was in Bournemouth before we had children – me in a daring leopard-print suit, splashing in the shallows! (and my signature)

Supplies: Prism black cardstock from Scrapajack (for an unusual beach LO!), my favourite K'ology Addison paper & stickers, Cratepaper Wildflower chipboard alphabet, MM brads, Prima Bubbles flowers, a Craft Robo-cut seahorse and confetti and gems from a now closed shop. Definitely NOT a cardstock only LO.

Hope it's appropriate Nicki!

1 comment:

Nickibee said...

Love it Clare:)
I love the coulours and the way you have used the 3 photos. Like the seahorse too.