Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Journalling - why is it so hard?

I often see beautiful scrapbook pages with quotations that seem so apt... so how do they match the pictures and the quotations?

Have you ever thought to do the journalling FIRST and then look for the pics to go with it?

I have done that a couple of times.

Last night I was helping my son turn out items he's grown out of. It's so difficult throwing away his childhood - last night it was Thunderbirds - he LOVED Thunderbirds (the SF puppet programme): he had years of magazines and loads of books and even wrote his own books about Thunderbirds - how can I throw all that away? And that's not even starting on the full set of episodes and films on DVD, and the vehicles themselves - oh and a Hood puppet!

It all meant so much to him - once. And that's what's important - the memories of what it meant to him. I need to do a LO on what Thunderbirds meant to him. There must be a photograph somewhere with him playing with/dressed as a Thunderbird character, all I have to do is find it.

Meanwhile, both he and I should write our thoughts about this aspect of his childhood, so it isn't "thrown away".


Thought for the day:

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

1 comment:

Nics said...

How true clare.. is all just stuff isn't it.. the memories are the important stuff.. I've gotta do some serious decluttering of Z's room, with him it was Pokemon... gotta find somehow to capture those memories and release the 'thing's.. so that someone else can make use of and create their own memories.. That makes me feel better about it!!!