Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Dentists....

I guess we're back to "things that make you shudder". In a few more posts I'll have enough to create a LO from!

Dentists don't really do it for me: I just steel myself. Though I have had bad experiences - twice in my life the dentist has managed to inject the anaesthetic into a blood vessel and caused faintness and palpitations. The first time, he had to thump my chest to get my heart started properly again. Now that's as close to death as I have ever come! This last time the dentist said he would write me up in the professional journals because the anaesthetic is categorically not supposed to ever be able to have that effect! (But he does use a different anaesthetic on me now.)

But hairdressers - now the thought of sitting under a hairdresser DOES make me shudder. I just hate the whole thing - the atmosphere, being talked to, having someone else touch my scalp and wash my hair which I hate, the fact that my hair always looks horrible even just afterwards when I've paid good money!

No comments: