Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Write it on Wednesday - Printed quotes

I don't often use printed quotations - I find they're rather expensive when I can find quotations really easily on the Web and print them onto whatever paper matches my layout - but there's no doubt that the latter method takes longer. In this case, I had a lovely picture of my children which I wanted to scrap for their grandmother's album, and I turned to the printed quotes that came in QVC pack a few months ago. I knew the pack had a strong theme of family and selected three different elements, a transparent quotation sticker, a title and a couple of stickers. The quote:

"Life's aspirations come in the guise of children"

...summed up my feelings so that I didn't have to write my own journalling. A good quote can do that.

Often a good quotation can be the start of a layout, or it may start you off on your own journalling (I'm sure I've said this before!). Or, like this, it can be just exactly what you need, on its own.
More Write it on Wednesday

No comments: