Saturday, November 17, 2007

The perfect set of embellishments

What would be the perfect set of embellishments?

I love co-ordinating ranges of paper - at the moment I'm keen on Basic Grey Periphery, Basic Grey Fusion, K'ology Addison, and DCWV Once Upon a Time. These ranges make it so much easier to choose elements for layouts by being able to use matching papers and embellishments.

I used to get a Club Scrap kit every month. It came with a selection of co-ordinating papers - well, all at cardstock-weight in fact, beautiful quality - plus a matching alpha sticker set, photo mats and cut-outs or stencils. That was just the Junior kit - there are extra embellishments available such as fibres and buttons.

I'm packing for a weekend crop, and I don't want to have to make up page kits - or alternatively take everything I own! - so I thought of taking a selection of matching paper, cardstock and embellishments. Now I have some embellishments to go with the paper ranges I mention. But what would be the ideal collection? I can even create some with my Craft Robo before I go (the ones marked ** in the list below), if I have time. Can you add anything to my list of suggestions?

  • Prima flowers
  • Ribbons & fibres
  • Buttons
  • Gems
  • Paper frills **
  • Brads
  • Large flowers **
  • Alphabets **
  • Frames **
  • Photo turns **
  • Flourishes and corners **
  • Quotation marks, brackets, washers, arrows **
  • Tags **
  • Journalling blocks **
  • Circles (to layer and add words or journalling) **
  • Autumn leaves flourish stamps!!!
  • Rubons

No comments: