Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Write it on Wednesday: why do you blog?


There was an interesting thread on UKScrappers recently when someone asked "Why do you blog?"

Answers ranged from the simple
"I blog for me"
to the casual
"It's a bit of fun"
"Because people told me I should"
to the purposeful
"To have a record of what I've made"
"As an online gallery"
"to share my latest layouts and projects"

I particularly liked Susan(scoobiesue)'s comment that she "wanted to remember when I had done what (also makes journalling on LOs easier!)"

And that's the crux of the matter - if you blog, then you should have a head start on journalling. You can even post the photos along with the writing and you've got a scrapbook-within-a-blog as a backup for if you never get around to scrapping the photos for real.

As you may have noticed in this blog, I often alter a photo to make a very plain mock-up - not really a digi page, but something that approximates what I might do when I get the chance to scrap for real.

And why do I blog?

I write a lot, and teach writing, and while I'm not a good scrapper I thought that by sharing tips and techniques for journalling I could give something back to the community that has given me so much inspiration in the visual sense!
Thanks so much, scrappers!

No comments: