Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Sayings and poems for couples

Suitable sayings and poems for weddings, anniversaries, engagements and civil partnership ceremonies

A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. - Mignon McLaughlin

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments: love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds.
- William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), Sonnet

The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances:
if there is any reaction, both are transformed.
- Carl Jung

To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides. - David Viscott

Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping.
For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.
And stand together yet not too near together:
For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow.
- Khalil Gibran

My true love hath my heart, and I have his,
By just exchange one for another given:
I hold his dear, and mine he can not miss,
There never was a better bargain driven:
- Philip Sydney
i carry your heart with me
by e. e. cummings
i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
i fear no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet) i want
no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

We must not sever, you and I,
The world is cruel, friends are few;
Let us be steadfast faithfully,
I and you. - JJW

May you have laughter to cheer you
And those you love near you,
And all that your heart may desire
May you be poor in misfortune, rich in blessings.
May you know nothing but happiness
From this day forward

A thousand welcomes to you two today, may you be healthy all your days. May you be blessed with long life and peace, may you grow old with goodness, and with riches.

No comments: