Thursday, December 28, 2006

Merry.... journalling Christmas

So - how do you journal Christmas?

Hopefully you've got lots of pics of people looking happy and smiling - having a good old merry time.

If you're anything like me those pics are cluttered with wrapping paper, piles of presents, remains of sumptuous dinners and the like, so now's the time to find out how to use Photoshop or your graphics program of choice to blur the unwanted bits of a photo.

My method is:

  1. Use the selection tool to roughly draw round the outline I want to keep - doesn't have to be exact.
  2. Then invert selection so that everything is selected BUT the bit I want to keep
  3. Then use Adjust - Blur until the background is suitably blurred.

I think feathering probably works better but I don't know how to do that!

Back to the journalling

What does the word "MERRY" mean to you - what really consitutes a "merry" Christmas>? How do people show they are merry? What were they particularly enjoying when the picture was taken?

Create a LO that says what "MERRY" means to you...

No comments: